Singapore is a city and an island nation which is vibrant and striking, and is regarded as one of the Asian tigers along with Bangkok and Hong Kong. It is an island nation with 5 million inhabitants and is now a global icon of economic growth.
The city is known for its unique culture, which has been influenced by Chinese, Malay and South Indian cultures. The rich history and culture of the city, its vibrant nightlife, delicious cuisine and hospitable people make Singapore a very popular tourist destination. The hotels and resorts in Singapore are considered to be among the best in Asia.
Why travel to Singapore?
It is the heart of Asian economic success and is at the cross road of major cultures of Asia and people belonging to different ethnicity, nation, language and religion live and work in Singapore, making it a true cosmopolitan city.
Browse the Singapore River by boat, eat at a street hawker, see the skyscrapers from the Merlion Park, visit Little India, walk through Chinatown and have a drink at Clarke Quay are some experiences you can live in Singapore.
The main attractions of Singapore are:
- Merlion Park - In Merlion Park you will find the original Merlion statue, the symbol of Singapore . From the park you will have one of the best views of the skyscrapers of the city.
- Clarke Quay - Clarke Quay is a historical quay which houses a series of restaurants which serve many different Asian and world cuisines. Located along the Singapore River, is the ideal area for dinner and a drink.
- Little India - Little India is the hub of the Indian community in Singapore. The architecture, the people and the smell of incense and spices will remind you of the streets of Indian cities like Delhi and Mumbai (Bombay).
- Chinatown - Chinatown is the Chinese corner of the city and is popular with most tourists. One can find streets with hundreds of shops, restaurants, museums and temples.
- Orchard Road - Orchard Road is a huge tree-lined avenue where you will find the best shops, hotels and shopping malls of the city. It is one of the most important streets of Singapore.
- Marina Bay Sands - The Hotel Marina Bay Sands is an example of the greatness of the architecture of Singapore . Its three towers and the 57-floor pool have redefined the skyline of the city.
- Esplanade - While many compare its shape with a durian (the famous local fruit), no one denies that it is one of the most important architectural works in Singapore and is one of the world's most famous theaters.
- Raffles Hotel - The Raffles Hotel is the best example of colonial Singapore and is also considered the most luxurious hotel in the city. Walk the mall and relax in their backyards.
- Singapore Zoo - Located in a prime location with an amazing variety of animals, the Singapore Zoo is the envy of other zoos.
- Sentosa Island - It is an island paradise which is the main place of recreation for Singaporeans. On the small island one can find beaches, cultural tours and attractions.
- Images of Singapore - It’s an interactive museum where you can learn more about the history of Singapore.
- Tiger Sky Tower - It is a revolving observation tower that rises to 131 meters above sea level. It gives a beautiful view of the island of Sentosa.
These are the main attractions of Singapore which are popular with the tourists. Apart from visiting these attractions, you can also visit the pubs and bars in the city to enjoy its vibrant nightlife. Also explore the restaurants in Singapore to taste a variety of local dishes, both vegetarian and non-vegetarian.